TYPES OF DATA WE COLLECT. “PERSONAL DATA” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “ANONYMOUS DATA” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below:
- INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US.
- When you order merchandise, we will collect information necessary to process your order such as your shipping and billing information and payment information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- When you post content on our Services such as a review, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other users will be able to see it, along with your first name and last initial. The information that you provide will be visible to others, including anonymous visitors to the Site.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site and Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA TECHNOLOGY.
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tag In addition, we use “PIXEL TAGS” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM THIRD PARTY COMPANIES. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from certain third parties, such as demographic information from Facebook tools. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- GENERAL USE. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- provide the Services you request;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as order confirmations, order status updates, security, or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Seashell-Shop; and
- in any other manner stated on our Site or Services.
- CREATION OF ANONYMOUS DATA. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
- When you post comments on our Site, you will be identified by your first name and last initial. Please note that any Personal Data you include on a public area of the Site will be publicly viewable. Once displayed publicly, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put data such as private contact information which you do not want to make available to the public in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others (e.g., search engines).
- THIRD PARTY PAYMENT PROCESSING. For online payments and/or Automated Clearing House (ACH) payouts, we use the payment services of Stripe (HTTPS://STRIPE.COM) and PayPal (HTTP://WWW.PAYPAL.COM). We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. For more information on how payments are handled, or to understand the data security and privacy afforded such information, please refer to HTTPS://STRIPE.COM/US/PRIVACYand HTTPS://WWW.PAYPAL.COM/US/WEBAPPS/MPP/UA/PRIVACY-FULL.
YOUR CHOICES REGARDING INFORMATION. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
- For US and Canada: Text Marketing and notifications (if applicable): By entering your phone number in the checkout and initialising a purchase, you agree that we may send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned cart reminders) and text marketing offers. Text marketing messages will not exceed 3 per month. You can unsubscribe from further text messages by replying STOP. Message and data rates may apply.
- If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided above.
- DE-LINKING SNS. Please refer to the privacy settings of the SNS to determine how you may adjust our permissions and manage the interactivity between the Services and your social media account.
- CHANGING OR DELETING YOUR PERSONAL DATA. You may change any of your Personal Data in your account by contacting [email@example.com]. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.